Adriana Lima-One of the most successful supermodels of all time, Victoria Secret’s angel Adriana Lima is surely a sight to behold. In fact let’s admit it- Adriana Lima is to beauty what Stephen Hawking is to brains. She entered the modeling industry when she was 15 and has been on the top ever since. Here are 15 things you ought to know about this Brazilian bombshell.
1. Adriana Francesca Lima was born on June 12, 1981 in Salvador, Brazil and is the only child in the family.
2. Adriana won Ford’s Supermodel of the World competition when she was 15 and that marked the beginning of her modeling career. © Facebook
3. She began professionally modeling for Victoria’s Secret in 1999 and earned her wings in the 2001 fashion show.
4. She is a polyglot who speaks French, Portuguese, English and a little bit Spanish and Italian.
5. Adriana hated having her picture taken as a toddler. In fact all photos of her around that time show her crying.
6. She appeared in numerous international editions of Vogue and Marie Claire. As a runway model, she has walked the catwalks for designers such as Vera Wang, Giorgio Armani and Valentino, among many others.
7. Adriana is the first pregnant woman to have appeared in legendary Pirelli’s Calendar and the only supermodel to have filmed 4 Superbowl’s commercial
8. She became the face of Italy’s cell phone carrier, Telecom Italia Mobile, a move that earned her the nickname, ‘the Catherine Zeta-Jones of Italy.
9. Adriana became the GUESS girl in 2000, appearing in that year’s fall ad campaign
10. She was ranked 4th in Forbes magazine’s list of Highest Paid Supermodels in 2007, with a total earning estimated at $6M per year.
11. Adriana was virgin until 27 as she believed that sex is for after marriage
12. After nine months of dating Serbian NBA player Marko Jarić, the couple got married on Valentine’s Day in 2009, but separated after five years of their marriage
13. The couple has two daughters— Valentina Lima Jarić and Sienna, who they continue to co-parent.
14. Lima got her first Black Diamond Fantasy Miracle Bra of 5 million dollars for the 10 years working with Victoria Secret.
15. She does charitable work and gives back to orphanages in her hometown, adding expansions and providing clothes to the children.